Walking through vulnerability

If your desire is really to trust who you are when you are interacting with others, you simply must learn how to be vulnerable and be courageous enough to stand in your vulnerability

I was having a conversation today with someone who asked me what I was doing for Christmas and I told her I would be working or going away and she shot back right away "I think you are running away from something" I laughed. Perception is a hell of a thing isn't it?
I never put a meaning to my Christmas "me" time. I go away and feel absolutely refreshed when I return. Honestly, I would love to share my journeys with someone however I am willing to wait until it is someone who genuinely wants to share these journeys with me and I am ready to use my vulnerability as a strength that it really is.

Brene Brown has some done some great work on vulnerability and shows how much of a strength it can be. She says daring greatly means the courage to be vulnerable. It means to show up and be seen, to as for what you need,to talk about what you need, to have the hard conversations. She defines vulnerability as uncertainty, risk and emotional exposure
To be human is to be in vulnerability.
It is the cornerstone of confidence, you can't get to courage without walking through vulnerability.
And so here I am, walking through it to get to the courage to be unapologetic about what I do, and who I give my time and effort to
Journeys and more journeys
Peace


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism