Act Like You Are Grown!

Maturity includes the recognition that no one is going to see anything in us that we don't see in ourselves. Stop waiting for a producer. Produce yourself. Marianne Williamson

I am a huge fan of Marianne Williamson, her book A Return to Love really shifted the way that I thought about life and also introduced me to one of my best guides called A Course in Miracles. Marianne has some wonderful periodic livestream talks which I make it a point to listen to as much as possible. At the end she says "Okay, let's talk about anything that you want to talk about" and the oportunity is given to the audience both livestream and live auduience to pose questions really about anything, it is in these sessions I learn a number of lessons. I see the practical application of A Course in Miracles, somehow, well not somehow, as nothing is random, I can relate to many of the conversations as it sounds so much like what I would ask her if I ever build up the courage.

And so on Tuesday she was answering a question and what struck me is when she said " Be a grown up about this, it really is that simple"
Sometimes the grown up's make decisions that are not popular but are essential, given the situation.
Be a grown up about it and keep it simple
I really needed to hear that
Make a decision, which may be unpopular, sometimes the loving response is NO and that is really okay!

Be a grown up about it- take responsibility for your actions and your life

Be a grown up about it - stop blaming other people and stop making excuses for people's poor behaviour esecially when they show you who they are

Be a grown up about it - uncertainty and change is not a reason to flip out and to act crazy, they are signs and guideposts

Be a grown up about it - stop outsourcing your happiness

What do you need to be a grown up about?

Peace


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism