My work is loving the world


My work is loving the world. Are my boots old? Is my coat torn? Am I no longer young, and still half-perfect? Let me keep my mind on what matters, which is my work, which is mostly standing still and learning to be astonished. Mary Oliver, (my second favourite poet)

Confession time on the journey! Being present in the moment is tough. Over the past few months I have learnt that the most important time is the present, it is now! And boy do I agree! When I am present and in the now, the experience, whatever it is, is so much more relevant, it’s bigger, it provides meaning and a lesson.

Being in the present moment takes discipline, it takes focus, it takes surrender. I don’t mean surrender like giving up, I mean surrender like knowing that once you release the need to be in control or to have things your way and know that you know that you know that everything will be alright!

I have the tendency to flip from the present to the future, to what I want to do, what I am going to do, what’s next! Leaving the present moment a lonely orphan and missing the moment. It’s been getting better but lately I have slipped into obsessing about tomorrow!

At base all week this week, working on gender policies and training for my boxing tournament!

So what did I learn today?

Less trying, more doing! Less I am going to’s more action, less future more present because now is all I have for sure!

Peace!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism