Givers or takers

When you don’t know how, take it upon yourself to learn. When you’re not sure what to do, work through your choices and your priorities until you’re able to aim your focus in a specific direction. Ralph Marston

As part of the journey, I have come across the giver and the taker, and this is not to place  
judgement but to  recognise it as it arises and take positive action!
So what did I learn?
Takers do exactly that – they Take. They unconsciously view life as something to get something from. Often motivated by greed, Takers find it difficult to embrace the view that life is an integrated ecosystem and that Earth is a living creature. Takers walk into a relationship and situation with this mindset, “What’s in this for me?” Takers are easily disappointed in life and in relationships. Often they expect “life” to produce something for them, effortlessly.
Givers strive to make a difference in the lives of others. Meaning and purpose are gravity centers for them. They look for possibilities and strive to make things happen. Givers tend to be optimistic about life and they instinctively know how to rise from the ashes. Givers stand a much greater chance at creating a happy life.
I recognise  it in myself or who I come into contact with and I make a choice and move forward
Peace!!!

Comments

  1. When I am fearful I take, when I trust I don't even think in terms of give or take I just am whatever I need to be. People who are takers are small in their own eyes, never having enough and always fearful that someone else ( named or unnamed) has more, is more or will alwyas be more. Light a candle for takers, they know not what they have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! Do you think we all have a bit of "takers" in us?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism