Are you Ready?


“When you come to me be ready, be ready, be ready, be ready I cannot explain it I cannot contain it My soul flies free. There's really no contest We are so  God Blessed” Jill Scott singer and song writer

The question was posed to me “are you ready” Now that seems like a pretty basic question doesn’t it? One may ask ready for what? This was exactly my response because it was such a random question. Well let me tell you it was one of the best lessons I have had thus far. Life is always in session and we have a tendency to wait, wait until something changes or  for something external to show up or happen  before we “get ready” but I’ve learnt that it is me who has to show up to participate because guess what? Life is ALWAYS in session. Listen, creativity doesn’t stop or start, music doesn’t stop or start, it is ALWAYS going on it is we who decides well not now, not here, it’s not the right time and you are not prepared, you are not ready! but there’s never a day when “it’s not there “it’s up to ME to SHOW UP READY .

So what did I learn today?
I’ve learnt that being ready means suspending all judgement, suspending all guilt, fear shame, doubt, resistance and lack, being ready means unwavering belief in yourself and your abilities, being ready means showing up with your A Game every single time. Being ready means being authentic and open to the possibility that it may not show up exactly the way you planned and to know when to be flexible, not having attachment on how it shows up and stressing about it. Being ready is putting in the work, not just the physical but the mental, emotional and spiritual work.
Open up yourself to the possibilities now, get ready now, because now is all you have.

So are you ready?

Peace!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism