Just Be You!


If I add myself unto myself multiplied times You and yours and you again There's just me .So many times I define my pride Through somebody else's eyes Then I looked inside and found my own stride, I found the lasting love for me. If I'm searching for my spirituality Passionately I must begin with me.  There's just me...One is the magic number Jill Scott Singer and Song writer

I feel truly privileged to be in this moment, when I reflect on it I can say without reservation that it has been the time that I have not only learnt a lot about myself but also about living a life filled with gratitude, compassion and love for humanity as a whole. I truly believe that I am not only my sister’s keeper, I am my sister. So with that I so keep my mind open because you just never ever know where a lesson can come from. Everyone to me are now teachers in this huge class of life. So yesterday another penny dropping moment, this was the question “How many You’s do you think you have?” ok get that, how many of “you” do you think you possess. Now I had to digest that and probe a bit because I wanted to be sure of what was being asked so I can answer. Do you show up one way for work, one way for play, one way for meetings? How many of you? Do you have a you for your family, a you for your friends and one for your significant other? Newsflash, there is only ONE YOU. Know yourself, love yourself and respect yourself enough to just be you! Isn’t is exhausting to be different “people” for different occasions? Listen just be you and know that your power comes from your authenticity. How do you keep up with all the You’s? Isn’t it confusing? How about being authentic? How about showing up in the power, the beauty, the fullness, the glory that you are ,not living down to anyone’s expectations, limitations, definitions and not trying to make yourself better than anyone else .(Every day I check my ego at the gate people!! I have to lol)
So what did I learn today?
Just be who you are and share that with the world! See what happens, see who stays, see who runs, see who comes into your life
 Peace!!

Comments

  1. This statement is like poetry to my ears! I was just listening to a musical artiste Sizzla Kalonji & during his song I decided to view your blog. The themes are both spot on..Be yourself, straight & simple and stop fronting to exhault yourself or the opposite stifling your natural brilliance just to fit in with others.

    Below are some words from the song:

    "Simplicity, we use to survive
    Many find it difficult because they ignorant or hype
    Simplicity, we use to survive
    Do what you doing properly, that's the way through life

    Simplicity we use to survive
    Many find it difficult because they ignorant and hard
    Simplicity we use to survive
    Children, open up your eyes

    Is not the one bag of vanity
    Nor the animosity
    Nor the hypocrisy, nor democracy
    Is not the labba-labba nor the back-stabber

    Nor the vampire evilous desire
    Is just a meditation of my heart
    Pure and conscious thought
    Be over standing and be smart

    Listen to the children speak the word
    And shine the light in the dark, yeah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the comment and lyrics!! I can definitely relate to what you are saying!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism