What are you tolerating?


"Any time you sincerely want to make a change, the first thing you must do is to raise your standards. When people ask me what really changed my life eight years ago, I tell them that absolutely the most important thing was changing what I demanded of myself. I wrote down all the things I would no longer accept in my life, all the things I would no longer tolerate, and all the things that I aspired to becoming."

- Tony Robbins, success coach and best-selling author.

I may have said this before in this forum but it’s such a powerful lesson for me and it comes up time and time again where I have to remind myself that on this journey to unconditional self love that there are some things in my life that are non-negotiables! There are things that when you love and honor yourself, you no longer tolerate. And this is not focusing on anyone else, it’s focusing on YOU!! Everything starts with you. A Course in Miracles talks about before you go about trying to save the world and everyone else, change your thoughts and perceptions. And so with that, I had to make a list of things which for me are non-negotiable, will not be tolerated! Which doesn’t mean that I will not falter or make mistakes, but the key is to forgive yourself, learn the lesson and move on.

Firstly you have to give YOURSELF notice; you’re the first person that needs to get what non negotiable means. Then you put the world on notice! When you put the world on notice you say I’m not asking for your permission I’m letting you know it’s going to happen, in fact, it’s happening right now, this is it, wait for it, watch the space! But you have to be willing to make some adjustments!

I’ve been hearing since I arrived, you will get “big and fat” because of the types of food eaten here (yesterday they made flour porridge, took the maize from the field, they grind it and made flour, my word, that porridge was yummy!!!!) I said there is no chance that I will compromise on my health, it’s a non negotiable! Now this might seem like a small thing, but trust me small things add up to big things!

So what did I learn today?
When it’s non negotiable You no longer worry about what if or wonder about what’s around the corner? You give notice that what’s about the corner that they better worry about you. You give notice that whatever it is around the corner better get out of the way!I am a non negotiable change agent with self-love, eating properly, exercise, hanging around with negative people, following my purpose, listening to my gut and acting with courage.

What are you willing to become non negotiable about? Your weight? Being lovable? Falling madly in love with you? From debt management to wealth creation? when you choose and say no matter what it begins to move things start to happen! Are you willing to move to a new level to NON NEGOTIABLE?

Peace!
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism