Put things in place


Learn to become still and to take your attention away from what you don’t want, and all the emotional charge around it, and place the attention on what you wish to experience. Michael Beckwith, reverend, author and motivational speaker

Saturday is a working day in Kampala! All day not any half day stuff!! Banks are open also. I got to work early and started working on my task about an hour in, no electricity! I said to myself ok well I guess its home time! No siree, I just saw one of the workers walk towards me and ask how long does your laptop have charge? I now caught off guard said I’m not sure, his response was ok I will turn the generator on! And just like that it was back to work! Just get on with it, deal with the situation and move right along! Back home work is over, time to go home!
The conditions here have forced people to be creative! Unfortunately its either be creative or die! They just get on with it without too much complaining. I like that!
The time taken to complain can be used to do something positive, if you’re not part of the solution you are part of the problem, simple as that.

So what did I learn today?
Put things in place to make things happen rather than just talking, complaining and moaning about it! Keep moving forward with the big picture in mind, time and energy are valuable commodities use it wisely! Peace!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism