The Shift


A whole new world, a new fantastic point of view, with new horizons to pursue, I’ll chase them anywhere, I’m like a shooting star I ‘ve come so far I can’t go back to where I used to be” Lyrics from the Movie Alladin

Have you ever felt that feeling when you just know things in your life are different, when you know that the way things once were are no longer the same? Have you ever felt that feeling when you have made a shift in consciousness? It is part of change and growth, what happens is that we resist the change and cling and grab and clutch on to the familiar. Resist the urge to because I’ve learned a few lessons from clinging and holding on when you know things have been shifted. Firstly, what you resist persists, fight it and it fights you back and you usually get so exhausted that whatever “it” is whips your butt! I’ve learnt that let go or be dragged! With grace and ease just let go and give it to the Universe/God/Spirit, your higher self. I’ve learnt that pretending that you don’t know you have made the shift is dimming your light. Act like you know!! How many times, how many places have I resisted, stayed because i was familiar and comfortable. I’ve learnt that I rest in my comfort zone but don’t live there.
Ok so all of this to say that I have been grappling with some scenes over the past few days, I see the conditions of people and truth be told I feel guilty but then I have learnt that guilt is a wasted emotion, use the feeling to do something. So I have made the shift and will be actively doing something in my own means, start small. Outside my compound with the women and children there, in your own small way

So what did I learn today?
Professor Maathai of Kenya said, “Those of us who have been privileged to receive education, skills, and experiences and even power must be role models for the next generation of leadership!” May we all resolve to fulfil that duty!

Peace!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism