It starts with YES


Cause we have no doubts where we belong. I’d still say YES to you again! My darling for you I’ll do it over and over again. Say Yes!”  Klymaxx (All Female R&B Band from Los Angelos)

Begin with YES! Have you ever heard that whisper? The type that you cannot escape? It whispers to you at every moment even at night! You try to drown it out by rationalising it, by looking at the facts, looking at what’s “realistic”.  Another stumbling block is you want to know what will happen if you do listen and follow those whispers, it’s like someone comes up to you and says I want you to promise me something and you respond, well tell me what it is first. Those whispers, are your highest self talking to you, your gut, your intuition, call it God/Spirit even, it never leads you astray. In my humanness I wanted a sign that if I say YES and obey the whispers that I can see what’s coming (wanting to be in control and lack of faith) I have learnt that by ignoring it you create the circumstances and the conditions for the whispers to become screams. According to Deborah L. Johnson “ you have gotten into a neon-sign consciousness. You have a lot of rasmatazz, colour, animation, drama, before you go Ohhhh, so that’s what this little voice has been trying to tell me!”

I say this because my own journey here started with a NO, ignoring the whispers. It was a time in my life where the whispers were saying do this but I had a “good job” a good life status according to Western convention, I resisted but you know, what you resist persists. And then all hell broke loose, the whispers became screams. I found myself without all of the “good stuff” wondering what on Earth just happened, still resisting! Here I am now after finally saying YES, in Uganda! Who knew!! It’s such a blessing and every single thing is taken care of. And that is not to say that it’s all smooth sailing and easy peasy but it’s to say that saying YES has led me to the path to my higher self, to a certain peace of mind that I never ever had before, to unconditional self love to knowing that I know that I know that whatever challenges or obstacles come my way that I can handle it, that saying when they come up listen to the whispers and just say yes! Awesomeness all round!!

Next week I am excited I travel to the border of Uganda and Sudan to train a group of women. Eight hours by car, stray baboons and police posts, fresh food and maybe outdoor toilets (I hope not!) and all that deliciousness!!

So what did I learn today?

The Yes is the starting point, the Yes is the foundation. The Yes is the underlying basis through which you interpret the facts. Saying Yes is saying yes to you, to your highest self, there is nothing that will happen that will make you have to protect yourself from, When you do not say yes you set up the circumstances for things to happen that are not in your best interest! Believe that! Trust the process, begin with YES. Peace!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism