Shine your light


 Let me remind myself of this today. I am not here to make a name for myself, to make money, or to achieve the temporal and temporary things I think of as my goals. I am here to help. I am here to heal. I am here to bless. I am here to save the world.  ACIM (A course in Miracles)

A Course in Miracles is one of the most radical pieces of work I have ever read, it challenges many of the perceptions and core beliefs that I have and accepted. The Course talks about forgiveness, love of self, the illusion of separateness and the shining of your light. Today I picked up the Course to read, as with everything, ask, believe and receive. I was asking myself over the past week what is my real purpose here. The Course talks about that there are never ever any coincidences in life, we are where we are supposed to be and the people we meet, places we go are all part of the lessons that we have to learn at that point in time, If you miss the lesson it will continue to repeat itself over and over again.
So what did I learn today?
Growth requires a temporary surrender of security and this last year has been one where, truth be told, that security in the conventional sense of the word has been not been a part of my vocabulary but I will not change one single day. It has been quite an awesome experience, it has taught me more that I learnt in my entire life.
Listen; trust me when I say you can do anything that your heart desires! All the excuses that you have been making are all your fears and ego running amok. Things work out and always remember that all things are lessons that God will have you learn.
I was having a pity party over the past day, I got up threw on my shoes took a run and saw the sun rising on the African continent, children running bareback while their mother’s fill water in yellow buckets, felt the wind on my back and realised that I am exactly where I am supposed to me learning the lessons that I am supposed to, shining my light, healing and blessing someone. Isn’t that awesome? I give thanks because every breath I take is blessed responsibility!Wherever you are and whatever you are doing it’s exactly the same for you, Give thanks!

Peace!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism