Electric Party


"You Are In the Right Place, At the Right Time, Doing the Right Thing, With the Right People, For the Right Reason, Everything is Perfect. You Can Have the Right Results! All you need is a Right Heart & Mind...
an Open Heart & Mind. & remember to keep your Eyes Open too!"
- Anon

Got back to the flat yesterday and there was no electricity, there is no generator on our compound, my immediate response was oh drats! not again! Its quite a regular occurrence around these parts, but then I thought practice what you have learnt. These lessons come so that you can use them in the most appropriate time, acceptance first then chose the response after. Makes no sense to moan about it as it will not help in getting the power back faster or make me feel any better. I pulled out the lamps and decided OK I will have a cup of tea on the porch, chill and wait for the power to be restored in a calm and measured manner.  And I did, when the power was restored I was feeling a combination of gratitude and peace. I decided to have a David Rudder party, just me and him (I love me some David Rudder vintage music) I put on David and we had a right ole fete in the Ugandan capital of Kampala, Trini styling!!

So what did I learn today?
Respond, rather than react! Responding is an empowered choice! According to Eckhart Tolle “ you can either remove yourself from the situation, you can change it if it is within your control to change or you can accept it if you cannot change it” When I expect things should be a certain way and they do not turn out that way, I have a reaction. I never stop to consider the benefits of how things are. In most cases I fall head-first into the disappointment of how they are not. That is what causes my upset so I tried something different and I've learnt that it worked! Why not try a new thing today because when   you argue with reality you suffer!
Peace!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism