Facing the Truth!


STAND UP! You have the power of queens in your blood. The sacredness of the eagles in your bones .The fierceness of warriors in your genes. The wisdom of grandmothers is in the recesses of your mind, accessible to you through the energy of spirit. Iyanla Vanzant

 OK, brutally honest, I didn’t make it to the end of the workshop. I started feeling very ill and was throwing up and going to the loo (thank heavens I was in the land of flushing toilets!!!) I left and came home and went straight to bed. While I was in bed something came into my mind that I read in the Course of Miracles, the Course says some illnesses come about due to your inability to face the truth, a rebellion of sorts, an illusion! They say a lot more about it but just to say what came into my mind and right there and then I understood it. I did not want to hear or face all that I heard over the past two days; I blocked it out, feeling helpless. But I learnt that “there are no victims here” and I am the meaning maker to every single event that occurs in my life. That is not to say I control it but when it happens I give meaning to it. So with that I started feeling better, today I am back home resting, got to start again tomorrow, ready and rearing to go making the meaning of every experience one which is of service, love and positivity because all things are lessons that God would have us learn.

So what did I learn today?

In every crisis there’s a message. Susan Taylor, former editor of the Essence magazine puts it very well, she says “Crises are nature’s way of forcing change- breaking down old structures, shaking loose negative habits so that something new and better can take their place”

Peace!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism