True self esteem arises from knowing

“In essence, you are neither inferior nor superior to anyone. True self-esteem and true humility arise out of that realization. In the eyes of the ego, self-esteem and humility are contradictory. In truth, they are one and the same.”
 
- Eckhart Tolle


This is exactly what I needed to hear today and because I love you all so much I am sharing it with you! Thank you Mastin!

I once heard that “The quality of your life is directly related to the amount of uncomfortable conversations you are willing to have.”
 
Upon reflection and practice, I’ve come to believe this is true.

Why?
 
Because uncomfortable conversations involve telling the truth. And at first, the truth can be painful.
 
How much precious time and energy can we waste not talking about it?
 
A day?
 
A month?
 
A year?
 
A decade?
 
A lifetime?
 
Even longer perhaps.
 
They say that the truth will piss you off – I don’t think that’s true. I think the truth will terrify you.
 
A truth like – it’s time to break up.
 
A truth like – I want to get sober.
 
A truth like – it’s time for change.
 
A truth like – I quit.
 
They are scary truths. And we don’t know how to talk about them without it being drama. Why? Because we are scared to feel.
 
It’s easier for us to fight than it is to feel. It’s easier for us to withdrawal than it is to feel.
 
So we put up roadblocks and create drama – instead of sharing our truth from our heart and feeling the feelings that come with it.
 
Ending a relationship is not an easy conversation.
 
Nor is saying, I love you.
 
Or I quit.
 
Or, I want more from life.
 
Or, I deserve to be treated better.
 
But, what if having hard conversations actually was the beginning of improving your life. What if not having difficult conversations could be holding you back from really getting your life going.
 
What if, instead of death – freedom was on the other side of having that difficult conversation?
 
What would you do then?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism