What happens when you resist?

Then you learn about love. You learn to look at relationships as
they really are and not as you would have them be. You learn that alone does not mean lonely.

You stop trying to control people, situations and outcomes. You
learn to distinguish between guilt and responsibility and the importance of setting boundaries and learning to say NO.

You also stop working so hard at putting your feelings aside,
smoothing things over and ignoring your needs.

The Awakening


The need to be right, the need to be in control! Two things that human beings fight tooth and nail for! Including me! No one likes to be wrong! Right??

But I have learnt the constant need for those two things robs you of a peaceful existence and I am not saying to take everything anyone dishes out to you! Throughout life we develop ideas on how others should be, how they should behave, and how they should treat us. When things are not as we think they should be we resist! 
People will be who they be! Good luck in trying to change them! What you can do is choose! 

Iyanla says is so well " Do not tell yourself that you do not feel what you feel, simply surrender it to your God self and ask that your thoughts and emotions be harmonized and brought into alignment for your highest good"

Today I surrender to my highest self, my god self because I have learnt that what you resist persist! I am going out in the world today with the attitude that I do all that I can do to the best of my abilities, and when I get to that point I let it go and in all of that I love myself, honour myself and accept things as they are!

Happy Monday peeps!
Peace!!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism