change consciously and to welcome change

Nature invites us to change consciously and to welcome change.Nature teaches us that change is necessary - Malidoma Some


Don't we beat up on ourselves when we have to change something in our lives?
 As soon as there is any indication of change rationales, excuses, justifications, resistance to stay where we are pop up in so many different ways, some may even be harmful. Even when where we are is uncomfortable or unhealthy. We fight to stay there. Is is because we  believe that are have control of what we have in front of us?
Is it because we don't know the outcome of the new thing? Whatever it is, change usually comes with some level of resistance?

I have learnt that when I am even willing to be see things another way the transisiton becomes easier. I don't even have to do anything but decide on a willingness of being open to something new
I have learnt that the control that we believe we have where we are is an illusion - there are habits which we have made. Its tough to start and maintain a new habit
I have learnt that resistance to change causes suffering, to come out of my mind and be open to the flow
Whatever challenges happen they will be dealt with and all the time remember all the feelings are valid. All of them

Peace

Have you read any of Akosua's work?
What Did I Learn Today? Lessons on the Journey to Unconditional Self Love


Follow Akosua on



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism