Letting Go is not erasing a memory or ignoring the past

Letting Go is not erasing a memory or ignoring the past. Letting go is no longer reacting to things that used to make you feel tense. It is releasing the energy attached to certain thoughts. Young Pueblo

"Let it go" has been a mantra of mine. 
I say it especially when the thoughts are doing sommersaults in my mind, rehashing a situation and adding in unplayed scenarios simply forgeting that the situation has passed and there is no going back.
I say let it go meaning to move on, just leave it, whatever it is, and move on.
Young Pueblo's interpretation of Letting Go resonated with me this morning as I was having a "flashback" of a situation that had me up in my feels. 
What if I stop reacting to something that has already happened in the past that I cannot go back and change?
What if I feel the feelings and recognise that the situation can be used in the future as a lesson?
What if I release that energy in a different way?
What if I accept what is?
What if doing all of this is the formula for letting go?

This morning I released the feelings and thoughts using a journal to write out the thoughts that were swirling around in my head. I let go of the feelings after feeling them.

From that exercise the revelations included:

1. The past cannot be changed
2. The scenarious being thought about were also not real nor likely to happen in the future as the exact situation may never materialise
3. Feeling the feelings allow them to pass through, rather than them remaining stuck in my body and end up as a pain- literally.
4. Letting go frees up energy to do something positive
5. All things are lessons 

Peace


Have you read any of Akosua's work?
What Did I Learn Today? Lessons on the Journey to Unconditional Self Love


Follow Akosua on

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism