Listen to Your Body

on some days, you will feel more fragile than you do on others. allow yourself to break. allow yourself to sink. allow yourself to retreat. you are allowed days like these; days to feel, days to recluse, days to process. tomorrow will taste much sweeter. Billy Chapata

Yesterday I was ready to stay in bed all day. I willed myself to wake up to move my body and exercise. I felt a small surge of energy after that movement. That feeling lasted until I took a shower . I just wanted to go back under my covers and stay there all day.
Now, this is a new feeling for me.
Not wanting to do anything. Just to be in my bed doing absolutely nothing.
I really started fighting the feeling and was losing the fight. I surrendered and went back under the covers and spent the day there. I asked myself why the guilt? Why do you feel bad about spending the day listening to what your body asked of you?
And the answer was because I was taught that being in bed all day one must either be ill or lazy. I was neither. Beliefs demand loyalty and going against those beliefs result in guilt.
When we question the beliefs it shifts us away from our comfort zone.
Question the beliefs that no longer serve you.
I stayed in bed almost all day and trust me when I say it made a difference to both my mood and energy. No guilt, no sickness and no lazy me. Listen to your body, she knows!
priveledge Peace


Have you read any of Akosua's work?
What Did I Learn Today? Lessons on the Journey to Unconditional Self Love


Follow Akosua on

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism