Sit Awhile and Think

Never Be Afraid to Sit Awhile and Think - Lorraine Hasberry

My laptop refused to come on this morning. I realised there and then that my laptop is my best friend and companion in the Corona. How strange is that?
I literally started sweating knowing that I would not be spending time with my new best friend.
Beads of sweat were running down my face, I felt hot and sticky when I thought about not having the ability to use the laptop.
I called the supplier to see if it can be repaired, they were closed but recommended to visit a technician tomorrow in another town I also did not leave my house for weeks except to run. I was willing to come right away, I asked the gentleman if I can come today
He politely told me that they were closed and he was doing his best to support, tomorrow was the earliest time that I would be seen.
I sat there in my sweat and thought, pull out some lessons now my friend.

Maybe, just maybe today is a rest day from the laptop
even though I had a zoom meeting.... I downloaded Zoom on my phone immediately
Maybe just maybe this time you let go of some control and sit with the feelings
Maybe
Tomorrow is another day and you can deal with the situation accordingly
as of today, sit with yourself see what magic happens, listen and respond accordingly
There is magic in the silence

Peace

Have you read any of Akosua's work?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism