Growth is a Process

 Give yourself grace as you journey toward who you are becoming. Growth is a process and the road usually includes some valleys. Dr Thema

Growth is a process
Every aspect of growth is a process.

You name it, the growth process takes time and involves uncertainty, risk and failure.

A baby - nine months in the womb, fraught with uncertainty, is a process.

Cocoa - months of planting, pruning, and waiting, is a process.

Getting a degree - months or years of study. This is a process.

Growth and development of self as well is a process. A process, not an event.
A process is a series of actions and events leading up to a specific goal or target.

As part of the process there will be decisions, risks, set backs, uncertainty because of that we must have faith, trust in self, lack of judgement and self belief.

Many times we fall into the trap of believing that a process is an event and so we put these limitations on ourselves, sometimes we put expectations on ourselves which are filled with judgement and doubt.

We seem to want to want what we want immediately, When this does not happen doubt sets in, we look to find an outlet. If its an external outlet of not being held responsible it turns to blame and guilt.
We seem to want what we want without inconvenience or discomfort. There are always growing pains.

Look at the process
What are we missing or skipping in the process?
Look at what is missing in the process.
This is where the gap is.

I want to grow by writing a book by the end of this year, the process is to discipline myself to write. some days I will not feel to write, this is okay, knowing the consequence may be that I will not finish. It may also mean that I have to learn discipline in the process.
To complete the process, I must believe that I can write a book. If there are more doubts than self belief, there will be some subconscious self sabotage.
I noticed for me, when tough parts of the process pops up, I get up I leave the room and I go to eat, watch a  movie and distract myself. Not because I am tired or need a break, just because it is a difficult part or I am doubting myself.

When I remind myself that growth is a process, I can remain calm that there will be uncertainty and risk, there will be good days and better days, there will be setbacks and it's all part of the process
Perfection is an illusion. Looking for illusion is madness!

Slowly gets us there- with new and improved skills and structures
Discipline, Love, Self Belief, Consistency, Patience

Peace





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism