Worry is a Parasite

Worry is Fear Laced with Control - Iyanla Vanzant 

What do you worry most about?

Have you ever asked yourself that question?
Before this experience of being at home for over 5 weeks, I never asked myself this very simple uestion
Confessions on the journey I never consciously believed that I was a worrier. I internalised the situations by either denying, ignoring or dismissing it hoping that it would go away.
Having asked myself the question, it was pretty eye opening and humbling.
One has to be ready to accept and embrace so many parts of themselves when conducting honest self enquiry.

Worry promotes making up stories in our heads that are usually false and negative, it sucks the life out of us and makes us ill and wrecks the nervous system.
When we worry we tend to want to be in control, we want things to line up as we envision and only that, we act from a space of fear not of love and believe me when I say worry does not change anything.

So here is me right here releasing the worry:

Now, I release worry aboout my bank balance
Now I release worry about this nagging back pain that I have had for months
Now I release worry about self doubt
Now I choose to release worry about not having a releationship which is happy healthy harmonious and abundant
Now I choose to release worry about not being able to travel in the near future 

What are you choosing to release worry about?

 Have you read any of Akosua's work?
What Did I Learn Today? Lessons on the Journey to Unconditional Self Love


Follow Akosua on


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism