Masindi!


The freedom, the fire, the sense of giving.  The mountains, the sunrise, the sunset, the sun and rain, the children, the laughter, cutting through the pain, the smile, the love, the joy the rapture, in this millennium river of life. This must be that sense of heaven that the elders kept pointing out to me. It doesn’t get too much better than this David Michael Rudder

Masindi, four hours drive, without dust and jam, from the capital of Kampala. I travel there to meet the team, see the crops, and hear their challenges in order to put forward proposals to improve operations. I set off very early, the sun was shining, the place is green I must have seen a thousand mango trees laden with mangoes, with avocados right next to them just as laden. Ok, roads- wow there are hardly any paved roads it’s just a pathway of red dust until you get onto something resembling a highway! This is as rural as you can get, women with babies strapped onto their backs with a piece of cloth pumping water at the wells, women carrying items on their heads, no power but mind you mobile phones galore. My favourite sign was “ Drinks, food and phones charged here”

I was struggling with the scenes, I kept asking why? Why would the powers that be have their own people living like this? Then I remembered what A Course In Miracles teach “The truth of the matter is that our world reflects our mind” and that really suggests that when you change the way you view things you can make a choice based on that. Choose to give it a meaning which can empower you and those affected, that way you take action and not moan and complain and blame!
Got there met everyone, they brought a huge bowl of some type of potato stew with, tasted nice! About half hour later another huge bowl of rice and spinach. I asked “didn’t you just give me lunch?” “No madam that was breakfast” Hmm ok then!!! That was yummy also!

So what did I learn today?
According to Neale Donald Walsh “it’s time now to change your mind about some things” that is what evolution is all about! Your mind is right now filled with old thoughts. Not only old thoughts, but mostly someone else’s old thoughts

Peace!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism