Mining and Getting caught


"You cannot get sick enough to help sick people get better. You cannot get poor enough to help poor people thrive. It is only in your thriving that you have anything to offer anyone. If you're wanting to be of an advantage to others, be as tapped in, turned in, turned on as you can possibly be."
- Esther Abraham-Hicks, is a best-selling author and lecturer

 Uganda borders DR Congo on its Western side, since I have been here I have seen some things that make me scratch my head, this continent has resources galore, call it, they got it! Why are they “poor” scratching my head still on that one, although I have a few theories! Anyways, back to what I learnt, one can ruck up on a river in DR Congo (provided you get through the border) and don’t have to dig or mine and get gold! Like gold eh!. And not a little bit either. You can go to a village and lime (hang out, chill out) with the chief or a big land owner, sweet talk him with beers, a boom box and maybe some girls and get an acre of land. And not just any ole land, the land has diamonds and maybe some other “precious minerals”. Sammy, one of our drivers ended up in some trouble! He called in a spot of bother, got caught “mining” and they wanted something or else!!!!! He still is in that bother, haven’t found out what the “else” is yet. The story continues! Peace!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism