Change your vocabulary


Here's one simple method to help you stay in the present: Change your vocabulary. Specifically, give up the use of the following terms and all that they imply: blame, deserve, guilt, fair, fault. If you cut those five words from your vocabulary, both in your private thoughts and in your communication with others, you will notice almost immediately that it is far more difficult to fall into negative emotional patterns. You will also discover how habitual those patterns had become. 



These are two of my favorite lessons
1. Words have power - be careful what you say - be conscious in what you put out into the Universe


2. Do it - and declare that you are DOING it, everything else is  not doing it

Some or shall I say many people call me quiet. I must admit, off the stage I do not talk that much. Firstly because I prefer not to waste words and secondly listening to people I learn so much and I love learning, it's exciting. Now more than ever I watch my words, I have seen it's power, words are a force. Additionally, the whole ego tripping - so easy to slip into I. I.I.I I speaking about I with an intention of either proving yourself, showing off, feeling superior, and so on 

I was told that I do not sell myself enough, I don't talk much about what I have accomplished
I thought about it and why I don't, I don't because I haven't yet found a comfortable way to say it without feeling like I am boasting and proving myself to people. It's a work in progress
So what I have learnt is to walk the talk, to demonstrate, to show, to do and let that do the talking
The downside of that is really ensuring that I believe in my own worth

Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism