Love wishes to be known

Love wishes to be known, completely understood and shared. It has no secrets; nothing that it would keep apart and hide. It walks in sunlight, open-eyed and calm, in smiling welcome and in sincerity so simple and so obvious it cannot be misunderstood. ACIM 

Love has no secrets
I remember my professor telling me that anything that I wish to hide has no love in it- and we were talking about  my reluctance to publish a paper. When he said it to me I stopped for a moment, I thought it was one of the best things I heard all week more than any of the lectures I had attended.
As soon as he said it, my question-o-meter started beeping
Prof, what do you mean?
Anything that you feel the need or have to hide has no love in it, think about why you do not want to publish this paper and you may see that you do not love what you are doing 
I think I can use this piece of wisdom for everything Prof
Do as you please, if you have to hide anything in your life, or in fact, anyone, then that is not love

I remembered this on a trip when one woman reminded me that I had a responsibility to shine my light no matter how uncomfortable it made me or the people around me feel - stop the dimming

How many times have we decided that hiding things and people in the name of love was a good idea?
How many times have we decided that we would stay quiet to keep the peace?
How many times have we decided to withhold rather than share?
Love wishes to be known and shared.

Love walks in sunlight and I am love!

Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism