A Different Wake Up Call

We cannot live only for ourselves. A thousand fibers connect us with our fellow men; and among those fibers, as sympathetic threads, our actions run as causes, and they come back to us as effects.”  Herman Melville


This morning as I locked my door to jump into my car to start my day as I was about to enter the car I saw a man lying on the road with blood gushing out of his head. At first glance I honestly thought he was dead. He was not moving. I took a few steps closer, as I was about to move, a few other people who were passing by stopped, then everything kicked in, movements started to happen.
calling the ambulance
finding his folks
checking for a pulse
we waited for a while until the ambulance came, until his parents came - they were screaming and in shock
the parents went with him in the ambulance
A few minutes later we got the news, he did not make it
He got up this morning and decided to take a run and that was it!
He is gone
I thought about how many mornings I wake up to take a run, all alone, singing in my head along with the music that I play
How many times I wake up and just move around with no one knowing where I am or what I am doing!
Taking the time to connect with nothing!
Today I got a different type of wake up call
May his soul RIP!

Peace
Have you read any of Akosua's work?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism