Branding..


Obsessing over "on brand" stunts your growth. Because if you stay the same, you're not expanding. Find a happy balance between staying true to yourself,and evolving into who you still can be. And that person may or may not feel "on brand" with the you of today. Maxie McCoy


There are a few people who tell me that " you are your brand" 
I get a little anxious about it, why? because brand to me denotes so much capitalism and inauthenticity. Yes, I know that perception is a choice that I have made and I can make another choice. A brand to me also signifies being static at any point in time.

So this offering of what brand is by Maxie made me smile and pointed me to making another choice.

I can decide what my brand is, I can decide what it is based on, the pillars, the representation, the growth. The brand can even be called something different. I get to chose.
Once I let this sink in I let go of the anxiety of "having and protecting the brand" becomes less and less.

This frees me up

Peace

Have you read any of Akosua's work?

Follow Akosua on

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism