It's the Little Things

Be open to inspiration anytime, anywhere.  Cleo Wade

I was sitting in the porch, doing the usual morning ritual of eating breakfast and writing in the journal that I keep. As I sat there eating a mango, a bird flew in and looked like it was begging for a taste, I looked at the bird, it seemed deathy afraid of coming close to me or the plate. The bird advanced for a while then decided, no, she maybe too scary to approach frontal and all!
The bird flew away, I thought, oh dear, maybe I can leave a piece of mango on the porch and the bird will return. Just as I was about to the bird returned - with a new strategy. The bird flew directly on the table and picked the mango and flew away
I thought for a moment about how I approach my own "scary tasks" I fly away and sometimes hardly ever return! I was immediately inspired by what this bird did

Go away for a minute, regroup and fly back with an unstoppable courage!
How many times do we miss the opportunity to be inspired by little things because we are somewhere else mentaly, worrying about what we must do, have to do, cannot do, will not do, don't want to do- all in the future which none of us know for certain as the present moment is all that we have for sure!
I'd bet right now one of you is thinking about another time- past or present
Today, I am taking the opportunity to be present and look at the little things, who knows what I may discover or uncover

Peace

Have you read any of Akosua's work?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism