Are you Doing it out of Fear?

Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity. They seem to be more afraid of life than death.”
— James F. Byrnes


What do you do when you are overwhelmed?
Do you ever get overwhelmed?
Confessions on the Journey- the past few days have been overwhelming. There seems to be no time in the day to do anything because I am doing something else, and what I have learnt is that I get overwhelmed when I am doing things that I don't want to do. When I am doing things because I believe that I will not be able to pay my bills when they are due, when I am doing it for the cash, out of fear, rather than for the love and service
I took some time to pay attention to the feeling and asked it to reveal to me what and why they were showing up.
Since Monday I have been going and going and going and going. There was just enough time for me to get a short run in on Wednesday morning, apart from that- call me the energizer bunny, going and on the go.
This morning someone asked me about something I promised them to do and I felt bad because I havent been able to do it up to now, that triggered me asking the question - why am I so overwhelemed? And the answer was clear- you are doing these tasks out of fear.
Which prompted the question- what else am I doing out of fear?

Are you doing anything out of fear?
Share what you have learnt
Curious minds want to know
Peace


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism