The Universe Reflects Back at You

It took me a long time to understand that heroic people have flaws too. The bigger the person, the bigger the flaws. Oftentimes, the flaws just get overshadowed by that big character. Soledad Francis

Have you ever had the experience where someone you know just gets on your last nerve? As soon as they open their mouth you get some sort of trigger! You start getting defensive, you might start shutting them down or shutting yourself down mentally only hearing - blah blah blah when they speak
Or maybe you just completely ignore them
It seems as if when this person is around or speaks all your good sense just seems to evaporate and you start acting like....you have no sense!

Well if you have, confessions on the Journey, I have also been doing that over the last few weeks. Here I am, triggered. I roll my eyes, I suck my teeth, I shut down, I shut others down. just a hot mess!
And what was even more startling to me is - I really did not care!

Of course, right on time I woke up yesterday and was doing my usual morning ritual of writing in the journal and reading something - I open the book randomly and there it was

"Every person who triggers and test you is bringing a message to you, so pay attention"
Huh? Universe you really play too much
I let out a loud laugh on the porch
It goes on to say that the Universe uses people as its students and teachers. The Universe will test you teach you and love you throught the being of another person. The next time I am triggered by one of those nerve wracking people I must remember that it is the Universe in my face, how I treat them is a reflection of my belief in the Universe.

Peace

Have you read any of Akosua's work?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism