Make a Decision. Take a Risk

When resistance comes up in your body, you want to shut down or run away. It may feel like you just don't want to be bothered. Unfortunately when you shut down, you, you will miss a valuable growth experience and an opportunity to get in touch with yourself.Listening what is said does not mean you have to act. Allow yourself to feel it and decide what to do about it later. Make a decision.Tak a risk - Iyanla Vanzant


One of my favourite lessons - I got this one out on the Continent, is to live intentionally.
To live with a purpose, whatever it is!
To come off auto pilot
Because not making a decision is a decision
I decided that I would live with intention, a very simple one that would guide all of my decisions
I would live a life of love and service
Love
Love of self
Love of people
Love of situations - however challenging
Love does not mean I like the situation all the time it just means that I accept the now and make a decision to do something about it other than moaning about it
Service to self
Service to others
Service to my community
It ain't gotta be nothin big, it can be small but it will be intentional
This is a life where decisions are sometimes are unpopular or illogical, I have to be mindful of the noise
but what I have learnt is - when I make a firm decision to live this way, I make the sacrifice

Peace

Have you read any of Akosua's work?

Follow Akosua on

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism