Day 4 - Journey to the South

Today I am digging up old hurts and putting them to rest! ~~Iyanla Vanzant,

I spent the day in Soweto, I drove about 30 minutes from the Sandton area which I was told is the wealthiest square mile in Africa to the Soweto Township! The contrast is stark, yet there is a pride in which the people walk around there. I mean, who can blame them, world leaders such as Desmond Tutu, Winnie Mandela and Nelson Mandela lived amongst them, these people changed the world
And that was my takeaway from today, anyone, anyone with the willingness, the courage, the persistence can make a difference, and we are all human, we make mistakes, it's just life
I met Tulan, who startd a programme for youths in his mother's backyard, this is now world famous as well, I have no excuse and it starts with my own responsibility and how I choose to live my own life

Leave out the excuses, lesson number two, it is just a stalling tactic!

Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism