Day 6 - Journey to the South

“It is a wholesome and necessary thing for us to turn again to the earth and in the contemplation of her beauties to know the sense of wonder and humility. ” 
― Rachel CarsonThe Sense of Wonder

Flew to Zimbabwe this morning, talk about blowing the perception and stereotype out of the water!
The place is breath taking, pure natural beauty I am staying in a basic lodge, no frills - well Wifi of course and the place is 5 mins away from the Wonder of the World called the Victoria Falls, when I walked into the place I screamed, I probably wasn't this happy in ages, just at peace with nature knowing that all is always well no matter how it looks
The people in Zimbabwe that I have met are so friendly, they are really making me feel at home in this place, really glad that I made the effort to come
I also crossed the border to Zambia as well, 800
meters from the falls and there I was, so I made the symbolic crossing
Dripping with gratitude at being here, I can safely understand why the Victoria Falls is considered a wonder of the world

Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism