Are you living random or are you living on purpose?




She asked me the question " Are you living random or are you living on purpose?" Huh? Whatever is she on about? I laughed, but inside I'm thinking wow what type of question is that? Am I living on random? What's random living? I ask a lot of questions I was told!

Random living, you are unconsiously moving through this gift of life that you were given, following, doing what you think that you ought to be doing to make others happy, not rocking the boat, smiling and grinning, following the safe path, no risks, pleasing the masses,  playing the game,do you have an open mind? Are you living random? Damm! where did she come from asking me this question? I got quiet. That moment was the catalyst of the change of so many things in my life. I decided that I want to live on purpose, but how? I had no clue. I thought about it and believe me everything started to change  people in life started to change, different opportunites started to appear, I resisted and I forgot the lesson what you resist persist!!!  Now here I am, moving towards a life on purpose! It's not one that's very "normal"but it's the greatest adventure of my life thus far.

So what did I learn today?

Focus on the purpose. Focus on accomplishing the goal. Each day many of us get out of bed with no goal. Going to work is not a goal! It is an activity. Paying bills is not a purpose. It is an activity. Providing for your family is not a mission! It is an activity. Your goal is the WHAT of your life. Your purpose is the WHY of your life. Your mission is the HOW of your life. Once you are clear about the what the why and the how you have a focus. You have something to live for that moves you into, through and out of the activities of your life. Stay focused, we were each born with a purpose! Find it, follow it, honour it! Peace!!

It doesn’t interest me where or what or with whom you have studied. I want to know what sustains you from the inside when all else falls away. I want to know if you can be alone with yourself and if you truly like company you keep in the empty moments – The Invitation by Oriah

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism