Next stop...... India

Is there ever a time when you are a giver and not a taker?  have you ever thought about something bigger than your own survival? Is there anything you believe in anything that you sweat for that you live for that you will commit yourself to is there something that you love other than yourself? Is there not a cause? . Bishop T.D Jakes

I received an email asking me if I would be interested in coming to India to share my experiences and learn from thir women on using entreprenuership as an empowerment vehicle! Oh yeah of course I want to come just say when!!! So they sent me the details and told me the most important thing to walk with is an open mind! huh?? Ok then but I thought my mind was fairly open!

So they sent the schedule and lo and behold I would have to do a presentation (always something I try to avoid due to fear!!!) anyways small price to pay for going to India and seeing the phenomenal work being done there by the women.

Arrived in Bangalore via Delhi and let me tell you I have never seen so many people in my life!!! Where did they all come from. Rickshaws, people, motorbikes, pushcarts, people, people, people!!!

One of the most mind blowing things to me is how they survive on so little, one group of women took rivergrass and turned it into a thriving international business!!! How? By using what they have a believing that there is more to life than just existing.  They refused to live like that and wanted a better life for the entire village.They took the grass and made table mats, bathroom mats, storage boxes and with a lot of hard work, rejection, learning, persistence, perseverance they are now selling to some of the biggest stores in the WORLD, I'm talking IKEA, and such!! I was blown away.  Now, the entire community has benefited from this, children are going to school, they have food to eat, they are empowered!!! I have so much and I do so little with it. Time to change that mindset.

So:
What did I learn today? Right where you are you can do something with what you have and as who you are. Right where you are you can pray about and affirm your desires Right where you are there is all you will ever have and ever need - - YOU! Right where you are you can choose what to do and, what not to do. You can choose how to be and how not to be. Every choice you make overrides every other choice you have ever made. Right where you are, you can elevate the vision of yourself, within yourself for yourself. If you do not believe that you are enough for you; that you are enough to birth a new vision; that you are enough to sustain all that you desire, how will you ever be enough anywhere else?  As Iyanla says “there is NOTHING more powerful than a made up mind” When you are totally committed to following your dream, fulfilling your purpose, eliminating what is unproductive or dysfunctional the only place you can start is right where you are. Peace!!!!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism