Focus + Courage +Willingness = Miracles

"Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. Let the brain, muscles, nerves, every part of your body, be full of that idea, and just leave every other idea alone. This is the way to success, that is way great spiritual giants are produced."
- Swami Vivekananda, was responsible for bringing Yoga to the west



Have you ever had an idea that just wouldn't go away? You even start to dream about it, you just cannot get it out of your mind! You try to rationalise with yourself, you give all the logical reasons to yourself that its just a silly idea, that it will pass soon, like its some sort of pain or irritation!
The idea was on my mind for months, I sat on a flight from London to Trinidad and wrote out the entire programme for NiNa- Young Entrepreneur's Programme. My logical brain said, it will never be accepted by the Ministry of Education how would I fund it, how will it work? All the reasons why it wouldn't work, then one morning the whispers became screams. I wrote it out on the laptop, I started to get excited, I started to focus on it with everything I have got! I approached the Ministry and they did say no but guess what? I went back, I told a fib I walked up to the security and said I'm here to see the Minister like I owned the place! he just said sure maam have a nice day. I sat at that office in St. Clair from 1pm until 3.45 until someone saw me and got the programme approved. Since then we have had 3 cycles, two schools and the East Port of Spain area involved. It has been supported by Scotiabank, Arthur LokJack Graduate School of Business, NEDCO, Unit Trust, Odessy Consultinc and most importantly it has changed lives!! Focus people, have courage and be willing and miracles  do happen.
And by the way NiNa also saved me life too!!! (That's for another post)

So what did I learn today?
Focus on the goal, focus on the outcome. My focus must be about joy, curiosity and exploration rather than fear, survival, mediocrity and more of the same. The focus of what I want must be clear. The focus of what I want must be intentional. The focus of what I want must be about creating good rather than avoiding the perceived bad. The focus of what I want must come from an open heart rather than a conflicted head. Focusing on what I want means that I am ready, willing and able to handle all aspects, possibilities and the responsibility of having the things I want. Focusing on what I want demands that I am courageous enough to ask for and expect to have what I want rather than what I think is available. I’ve got to be willing to hear no and ready for a possibility of a negative response, don’t get paralyzed and know what the next steps are. Focusing on what I want requires that I stand in and demonstrate faith, trust, and commitment, even when it is hard. Peace!!!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism