What if this were really alright?

You were born with potential
You were born with goodness and trust
You were born with ideals and dreams
You were born with greatness
You were born with wings
You are not meant for crawling, so don't
You have wings
Learn to use them and fly!"
- Rumi. Rumi was a 13th Century Sufi Mystic.




How is it that people who have absolutely  little or no material possesions, education, ok let's go even more basic running water, toilets and more than three pieces of clothes rise out of that situation to create a successful business?
I keep asking myself this question when seeing some of the things I have seen. Well this is the conclusion that I have come to, they have a vision, they want a better a life, they absolutely refuse to be a victim!

Get a vision and get it quick! No matter what, they carry on, so what's our excuse. One of my favourite writers Iyanla says " we are stuck in the story" so tell a different story. I said to myself "what is this were really alright?" According to Mastin Kipp " what if the hardships in your life were nothing more that the polishing of your Soul?"

So this woman used the plants in the area which were medicinal as told to her by her grandmother to open a lab. Now. when I say lab I don't mean one that you see on tv. I mean a little structure which is clean and sterilized where she tests these plants and sell them on to pharmaceutical companies to make medicine. From existing to reaching that point, totally awesome. It wasn't without its challenges but she got there she saw it in her mind to use the knowledge from her grandmother and what she had to make a better life for her family
What's your excuse?

S0 what did I learn today?

There is no shortage of opportunity. The more you make use of the opportunities, the more opportunities you make. Opportunity does not get used up, no matter how many people make use of it. When opportunity is followed and fulfilled, it expands

Work your vision. Get clear because confused thoughts =confused results. The challenges will come, they come to test your commitment, discipline and your focus. Stay in your own vision. Whatever is your strongest focus is what you will attract. Be the buffalo. Wilma Mankiller, the first female principal chief of the Cherokee nation, once said  the cow runs away from the storm while the buffalo charges directly toward it—and gets through it quicker.  After this experience whenever I’m confronted with a tough challenge, I do not prolong the torment. I have now learnt to become the buffalo. There have been times in my life when I have either put off or spent considerable effort trying to avoid an uncomfortable moment. Whether I was fearful, insecure or simply dreading the interaction, I avoided it. In time I learned that all I did was prolong the journey and ultimately the lesson. You see….there is no way to avoid the truth. Hold your head up, stand strong and lean into it. It may sting a bit but you will make it though.

Peace!!!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism