What you resist persists!

"Accept - then ACT. Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it, always work with is, not against it...."Eckhart Tolle



I kept repeating it, this is not the way it should be! I cannot accept this! Unacceptable! That was the mantra and the more I said it the more anxious I became! Then right on cue like the Universe just presented me with this Tolle quote. I was like what on earth does he mean? Accept it as if I had chosen it nah sah!!! but I decided to keep an open mind because being anxious really wasn't cutting it and helping the situation!!! I decided to try it and really when you stop resisting you really become empowered to respond and not react, to make a conscious choice!! Awesome!!
So What did I learn today? I do not have to like what is going on in my life but I must accept that it, whatever it is, is going on. As long as I don’t accept reality I am powerless to define the role I will play. Failure to accept reality is a denial of your power to make a conscious choice. When you do not choose you live by default, you become a victim of circumstances. Debbie Ford says its best” Denial is Don’t Even Know I am Lying” Acceptance does not mean that I approve of what is going on, it is simply recognition, when I recognise what it is I can see it for what it is and withdraw and make an informed decision. So basically I’m saying that there comes a time in life when I must accept that nothing makes sense, but everything will turn out ok. I’ve learnt that acceptance as I see it, is act of courage. Peace!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism