It sometimes is really all about changing your mind!

The lesson is repeated until learned. Lessons repeat until learned. What manifest as problems and challenges, irritations and frustrations are more lessons - they will repeat until you see them as such and learn from them. Your own awareness and your ability to change are requisites of executing this rule. Also fundamental is the acceptance that you are not a victim of fate or circumstance - 'causality' must be acknowledged; that is to say: things happen to you because of how you are and what you do. To blame anyone or anything else for your misfortunes is an escape and a denial; you yourself are responsible for you, and what happens to you. Patience is required - change doesn't happen overnight, so give change time to happen. Cherie Carter-Scott. Scott is an author, life coach, and motivational speaker offers consulting and coaching on all aspects of change management



The experts say changing your mind is all there is to changing your circumstances. To be honest I just didn't get it! What a load of rubbish I thought. How can it be that simple?
Ok after the proverbial sh*t hit the fan I was willing to try anything! Ok let me try this, let me try changing my mind, changing how I perceive the situation to me, ride it until the wheels come off.

So every day without fail I told myself this is the best thing that is ever going to happen to you, every day no fail! I am telling you right now THERE IS NOTHING MORE POWERFUL THAN A MADE UP MIND!!!! You will not believe how that simple mind change has transformed my thinking. Of course there are things which I cannot control, of course there are challenges. I allow myself a bit of time to scream but after that its done!!! I change my mind!

I've learnt that you can with time deprogramme what you have been taught over the years.

So what else did I learn today?
I used to have an innocent/ignorant desire to be perceived as some shade of 'perfect'. Believing then, that perfection was something that could be obtained via control. But that speaks nothing of the process of letting go. Becoming. Now I understand the governing laws of magnetism and attraction. One must be fuelled by something that runs deeper than praise and positivity, or put downs and negativity. One must find inspiration from both the energy that leads some to dislike, and others to become infatuated. Everything you think creates your life.
Peace!!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism