Thoughts are things....

 Every thought we think is either an extension of love or a projection of fear- Deepak Chopra

The experts say that the average person has about 60,000 thoughts per day! Now add one thought to that and make it 60,001 and think about how many of your thoughts are negative! That's a lot of negativity that you alone  are producing! So having learnt that, I started paying attention to my thoughts, no not all 60,000!!! But generally I started asking myself what are you thinking about? Trust me, that whole change your thoughts thing it works!!

The challenge is when you find yourself in the midst, in the middle of a negative self sabotaging thought what do you do? I can say without a doubt that what's in your mind manifests itself in your life. Deepak Chopra talks about recognising it and replacing it with a more positive thought, the other experts say don't beleive and buy into the negativity. It takes practice and it takes courage and it takes responsibility! You hae to be ready to OWN YOUR STUFF!!!

So what did I learn today?

My thoughts, reactions, expectations and judgments determine what I see and what I experience. If I think about something long enough and attach an emotion to it, I am creating something I must experience. That makes me the cause .When something happens that I determine good or bad, right or wrong, just or unjust, I will have an emotional reaction that determines how I experience what has occurred. It is my reaction not the thing itself that determines how I feel next and what I do next. That makes me the cause.
Not the cause of what happened but the cause of what I feel about it.
When I expect things should be a certain way and they do not turn out that way, I have a reaction. I never stop to consider the benefits of how things are. In most cases I fall head-first into the disappointment of how they are not. That is what causes my upset.
OMG! It’s not the thing at all! It is me! I am the cause – - – not of the experience but, I am the cause of the experience I have in response to an experience. Does that make sense? I hope so because it is the only way to claim the power of your mind and make sense of the experiences in your life.
I will be the first one to admit that there are some things that happen in our lives that seem as if they should not happen. For these experiences I offer you what I learned from A Course In Miracles; “All things are lessons that God would have us learn.”

Peace!!!



Comments

  1. Changing your negative mindset & self talk really makes a powerful difference. Negativity in your every day thoughts will more than likely follow through at night when you are dreaming, burrowing those self destructive thoughts even deeper into the subconscious self...a recipe for disaster...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism