We were all born with it.....


You have greatness in you, but greatness is a choice. Choose you, this day who you're going to serve, the greatness in you or the mediocrity in you! Les Brown motivational speaker



I am extremely fortunate to be in the UK for the Olympics and so far I have been totally inspired by what I have seen! I'm off to my first event tomorrow thanks to a wonderful friend and angel!!!

Can you imagine training for YEARS for one thing. Can you imagine the persistence, dedication, love, challenges  to overcome, the uncertainty, the passion that it takes for YEARS for a ten second event, a five minute run, an hour's match? That to me, is absolutely inspiring and awesome!!! I salute the participants at the Olympics.

How many times have I started something two weeks will pass and I say hmm I'm done with this, no results!! We live in an instant age now in that everything is quick, I can communicate with my friends back home in Trinidad immediately, I can pay a bill in two seconds its an instant life but being here reminded me that when you plant a seed you have to tend to it, you have to water it and believe, there are some things which you cannot control but you can control YOU! When you plant the seed and dig it up to see how its doing you retard its growth or you kill it! How many seeds have I planted and dug up because of impatience, instant wanting, lack of faith and belief??  How many seeds have you planted in infertile ground, by telling negative people, or people who do not believe in your dream?

Thank you to these athletes, I am now training for my Olympics!!
So what did I learn today?
Preparation means moving through whatever you are going through step by step, moment by moment. Without process and preparation chances are you will not be able to exercise trust, faith or understanding at the time you need it most. Instant living robs us of valuable skills. It lends to the arrested development of psychological and emotional maturity. When you demand it now, expect it fast and are willing to cut corners or eliminate steps to get what you want, life moves faster than it needs to and, you grow slower than you want to.
What does patience feel like? It's a subtle unfolding with time as your ally. You feel relaxed and trust that it will all  work out, even if in this very moment, there's no clear path to the end. It feels like the subtle uneasiness of allowing all you're uncomfortable with to be exactly as it is.
Peace!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism