Back at Base

Deliver me from all evildoers that talk nothing but sickness and failure. Grant me the companionship of men who think success and men who work for it. Loan me associates who cheerfully face the problems of a day and try hard to overcome them. Relieve me of all cynics and critics. Give me good health and the strength to be of real service to the world, and I'll get all that's good for me, and will give what's left to those who want it."  
- William Feather


So after 3 days travelling I am back at base in Kampala. What was evident as I came out of the airport was the heightened state of security. There were soldiers and check points in more places that I have ever seen. The taxi driver told me this happened immediately after the attack in Nairobi. He said, "welcome to Africa!"

Driving back reminded me of how different Africa is to the West. Different how? well for one infrastructure wise, I almost forgot how little infrastructure is present here compared to the West! Even in that short space of time! I was reminded of how wars, corruption and fighting affects a country physically much less mentally!

The beauty of the place is evident and my prayer is that it realizes its full potential!

I went to work, there was a big meeting on! Much has happened since I left, they uncovered a major operation involving employees robbing the Company blind! quite shocking actually! The police is now involved!

This month I am focused on helping here in any way that I could, I know my time is coming to an end and that was evident when the people around me started moaning and complaining and my soul said to me, this is the time to take yourself to another space! When it's time it is time! Don't fight it!

So what did I learn today?
Life is all about just putting one foot in front of the other and taking that step. That step is what it's all about it. The NEXT one. I'm all about just doing the next step. And in every step be grateful for it ALL!!
\Peace!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism