Everything I do is by choice

Everything I do is by choice

Remove the expression “have to” from your vocabulary and your thinking, because it is going to release a lot of self-imposed pressure on you. You can create tremendous pressure by saying “I have to get up,” “I have to do this,” “I have to, I have to.” Instead, begin by saying “I choose to…” It puts a whole different perspective on your life. Everything you do is by choice. It may not seem so, but it is.  
Louise Hay (the queen of affirmations)

I have no choice. What does that statement mean to you?

I have no choice. Do you say it to mean that you are trapped, stuck, without any option?

I have no choice. Do you say it defeated and feel defeated as it leaves your mouth?

I have no choice. Do you say it empowered and feel empowered as you say it?

I have no choice. Do you say it to convince yourself  that you are making the best decision?

I have no choice. Do you say it to justify the action that you have taken?

I have no choice. Do you say it to justify the means to the end?

When you say " I have no choice" what exactly do you mean? How exactly do you feel in that moment?

I have eliminated saying "I have no choice" from my vocabulary, for me, everything I do I believe that I do have a choice, to not make a choice is a choice, to not decide is also a choice or a decision.

I have learnt that in every moment that I have a choice and I can always always choose again.
I have learnt that choosing reignites my power because sometimes I may fall into the false belief that I am powerless and cannot do anything, I have learnt that choosing gives me wings and that living by default is giving away my power. By not making a choice is giving away my power.
I always have a choice, this I have learnt and I choose to remember that every single day!

So what are you waiting on? You have a choice to make

Peace!!

I am travelling today, off to Toronto and NYC for a book tour, check out the events on my website

http://www.akosuadardaineedwards.com/events/



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism