May I remember how much I have

May I remember how much I have
by remembering how much I have to give.
May I not be tempted by smaller things
but serve my larger mission of forgiveness and love. Marianne Williamson


Gratitude
When all hell has broken loose and I feel that it’s all over or ready to pack it all in. I remember to be grateful
I start small
I woke up this morning
I am well
All my limbs are in tact
I can see the birds outside my door waiting to share my banana with them
I have clear thoughts
I can swallow
I have a place to live
The car starts
There are fruits in the refrigerator
I have a place to live
I have keys to unlock and maybe that is the key
Having gratitude for everything and every place that I have been
I am grateful for good friends
For coconut bake and salt fish
And bread from the lady from First Citizens bank who gives me one just because
I am ever grateful for activists + allies+ people using their voices for movements because we are worthy of so much more
I am grateful for the trees + the air+ the Savannah on a Saturday morning + Chaguramas run on Sunday
I am grateful for plane rides across the world to places that I have only ever dreamed of
Oh to be grateful for the memories and the blessings.
For the heartbreak that is now behind me
I am grateful for the terrible days birthed by appreciation for tomorrow always coming
I am grateful for sunshine + rain for friends turned to family
Oh I am grateful oh so grateful to be whole healthy and here

Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Any Public Issue Will Eventually Get to Your Door

Show Up Anyway

And this is so