Day 5 Why Are You Here in NYC?- The Book Tour

Under each cornerstone of fear on which you have erected your insane system of belief, the truth lies hidden. Truth does not struggle against ignorance, and love does not attack fear. What needs no protection does not defend itself. ACIM

Bluestockings Book Store in the Lower East Side of New York City invited me to share a space, to share a space to tell my story. So grateful for the opportunity to be in the Village at one of the most progressive bookstores in the country!
When I was growing up, as a pre teen and early teen I would come to NYC to visit my granma and aunt, we would go to the Village to a joint to eat called BBQ's I was fascinated by the Village, the clothes, the vibe, the styles, the apparent freedom. Back then I thought wouldn't it be nice to live here or be here more often? That memory came back yesterday!

The reading was different to all that I have done before - the crowd was smaller ( A lady came all the way from New Jersey - so grateful for her effort) and the audience was also different- totally out of my comfort zone and and and to top it off it was streamed live - I did not know at first that it was streaming - when I found out midway I was so nervous! - another one out of my comfort zone!
I'm so stretched now and it feels good!

So on to the next one
Word Up BookStore
Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism