Accepting the consequences


Because we are afraid to ask for clarification, we make assumptions and believe we are right about the assumptions; then we defend our assumptions and try to make someone else wrong. Don Miguel Ruiz

Here's the thing I've learnt, Own your stuff! Take responsibility for your life and your decisions, giving it away is being a victim and I will never forget being on the border of South Sudan and Uganda with some amazing women who been through the wars and came out strong and proud and the women telling me there are no victims here!

Make a choice and if that choice isn't getting the results, make another choice, you never run out of choices! Trying to make someone wrong is all well and good but does it get you to the result? Or does it get you to peace of mind? I love when people call me out on my stuff, I was giving a story about what how I think I am such a good person, I didn't deserve to be treated like I was and disrespected by my now ex-husband, how dare he? I just did not deserve it blah blah blah! She simply said, are you still telling that story? Own your stuff! Are you a victim? Please, please, tell another story OK. You want to be right about how wrong he was, You didn’t deserve it but bless it and let it go. Bless it because what you bless will benefit you, what you bless the Universe will bring back to you, you may never get it from that person, now bless it and let it go! OK then, called out!! The shift happened right there and then!

So here's what I learnt, this is also a lesson from Eckhart Tolle, loved it!
Wherever you are, be there totally. If you find your here and now intolerable and it makes you unhappy, you have three options: remove yourself from the situation, change it or accept it. Simple!!!!!!
If you want to take responsibility for your life, you must choose one of those three options and you must choose now. Then accept the consequences. No excuses. No negativity. Own your stuff!
Peace!!!!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism