Make another choice

"It's not that we are afraid that we must make choices; for most of us it is the fear of making the wrong choice. In some cases, the failure to choose is the result of the fear of letting go of the old for the new, the familiar for the unfamiliar. This is the essence of choice: the ability to let go and stand on new and unfamiliar ground" taken  from One day my soul just opened up


The Course in Miracles says in it's teachings that choice is one of the most powerful things a human being can possess. We seem to either not use it or use in unconsciously. I've learnt that if you don't make a choice it is still a choice. I've learnt that not making a choice because of fear or wanting to be in control is living by default. Living by default most of the times giving away your power.

I thought over the last few months that  I made the wrong choice leaving Trinidad like I did but I learnt this week let it go, learn from it and make another choice because every new choice supersedes the old one!

So what did I learn today?
When you see what you are doing, what you feeling, what you are thinking is not bringing the thoughts and feelings you desire, make another choice. Regardless of how much time you have spent, how much energy you have expended, if it is not working, just make another choice. Choosing does not mean that you abandon or give up it means you recognise the conflict, pain, chaos whatever it is that the first choice created and you choose to eliminate that experience by making another choice. Awesome!!!
Peace!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism