Only Love is real

"There are only two emotions: love and fear. We can interpret fear as a call for love. All negativity derives from fear and fear is merely the absence of love" Marianne Williamson

I have learnt that growth is never about focusing on someone else's lessons, but only on our own. As hard as it is to believe sometimes, we're always responsible for how we see things. As Maya Angelo says, as you learn, teach. I hope that some of my lessons can in some way resonate with you. This is my main reason for sharing. I know that you may not agree with everything I've learnt, take what you do and leave the rest!

So, the question was posed to me by another one of the phenomenal women that have been put on my path. Do you make decisions out of love or out of fear? I had to sit with that for a moment. Ok, what do you mean I asked? Do you make decisions because you are afraid of what people would say, what they will think of you, of what you will lose? Wow!!! I do. Try making decisions out of love. Love yourself enough and trust yourself. I started doing it and let me tell you its a liberating. Of course, it's a work in progress but I am ready! So for example, do I exercise because I am afraid of getting fat? Not any more, I exercise because I love myself enough to ensure that I am healthy and feel good.
I was making loads of decisions based on fear.

So what did I learn today?
I've learnt that all negativity stems from fear, and fear is just the absence of love. I've learnt that when you love and honour yourself, every single thing you do comes from that place. Love cannot work through dishonesty, denial, fear or people pleasing. Where there is fear, love cannot live.
Peace!

Comments

  1. I only recently had by Aha moment Akosua...There was always this feeling that you are not doing as well as u should be doing..eg no house by X age, not being further up on the hierachy ect....but recently it really dawned on me that..by whose standards am I not doing well by? I was comparing myself with others in my year group & I realized that this is not a competition. This is about being the best person that I can be and everyone moves at a different pace...no man or woman is the same..So I need to concentrate on how I can make myself better day by day..Increase my knowledge, love my self and my own accomplishments. Thank God for all that he has done for me and I will reach that point of self actualization. A lot of energy was wasted in the past with all that negative "should have", "why didn't I" self talk. The past cannot be changed..with health, strength and the Omnipotent one guiding my path...I can do all things...one day at a time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those AHA moments are great aren't they?
      Comparison of yourselves to another is an act of violence! Things happen as they ought to in time, one time all the time I have learnt!

      Delete
  2. Perfect love cast out all Fear....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism