Living my life like it's golden

I'm holding on to my freedom, Can't take it from me,I was born into it,It comes naturally, I'm strumming my own freedom, Playing the God in me, Representing his glory, Hope he's proud of me - Jill Scott, Golden

Here's the thing that I learnt made me shift my perception is a radical way, nothing I do or think or wish is necessary to establish my worth. I am enough, pure and simple! There's no need to create a perfect me, the perfect me is the love within me. That was just a penny dropping moment for me right there!
I am not what I thought I was. I am not my qualifications, my credentials,my resume, my house, my car, my marital status. I am not those things at all. What I learnt that I had to achieve all these things to be good enough so much so that I surrendered my power to those things and placed them above everything else. Fear and ego!

So here I am free because I am learning that I am not all of those things, I am just me and my worth is not tied to any material possessions or who I know or what I have. What matters are not things, things are nice but they are not the more important than YOU!

So what did I learn today?
The way life is designed, we are programmed, conditioned and educated out of our power because we have been programmed, conditioned and educated to please others, to do what others say and to do what others are doing. What I know now is that comparing ourselves to others is an act of self-violence, as is living up to the expectation of others or not listening to your gut. These acts are about other people. These acts are all about external validation. Power is you. Power is standing up as your true self.

Peace!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism