Have the courage to be yourself, no matter what!

There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do.” Marianne Williamson

Marianne Williamson is one of my favourite authors you can probably tell by now, she breaks it down in a way that I can relate to and walks the talk!  Why? I think its because the ones who have experienced the ups and downs in life and have risen above it can testify! Gone are the days where its do as I say and the preaching without backing it up. Marianne is famous for her quote on "our deepest fear is that we are not inadequate it is that we are powerful beyond measure"


Anyways, back to what I learned, I have had the great priveledge to meeting a number of outstanding, awesome women in my travels so far and they all teach me something maybe without even knowing it. It might be a question they ask me or something they say. I am having a conversation with one of them and she said honey, there's a difference between humilty and playing small because you don't want someone to feel like you are arrogant or get them upset. Haven't you done that enough? And where has it gotten you?  Don't do it, well in fact stop it! This is me - Huh? Well yet another penny has dropped moment!


What did I learn today?
The greatest mistake in the world is to pretend to be someone you're not in order to please someone else. Have the courage to be yourself, no matter what. The ones who are your genuine friends or secure within themselves will accept you for who you are. The others will fall away, resist the urge to hold on! There are those who are for you and those who are what you stand for. The ones who are for YOU will be there, the ones who are what you stand for may fall away because sometimes what you stand for may change and it no longer serves their purpose.If you ruffle someone's feathers, their reaction is not your business. All you can do is be who you are and who you are is one of a kind. But remember, the same things goes for everyone else so chances are you'll get your feathers ruffled, too. One word will solve all your problems -- allow.
Peace!!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism